Integrative Pain Management Conference:
National Experts, Local Focus
Presented by UVM Integrative Health
Hosted by the University of Vermont College of Nursing and Health Sciences
Davis Center, University of Vermont
April 7, 2018
Learn the basics and the latest!
Bob Twillman, Ph.D.
Executive Director, Academy of Integrative Pain Management
All healthcare professionals are welcome! This conference is specifically designed to meet the needs of an interdisciplinary healthcare community. Let's get together and learn from one another!
In the context of the current opioid abuse/addiction epidemic and the chronic pain that underlies it, this conference will:
- Help providers understand non-pharmacologic approaches to pain management, as well as non-opioid pharmacologic approaches.
- Provide up-to-date information on and clarify the various rules and regulations.
- Provide summary documents of the evidence for non-pharmacologic pain management modalities.
- Discuss best practices in team-based care from an interdisciplinary panel.
What Will Happen:
In this day-long conference, attendees will:
- Hear keynote addresses from integrative pain management experts from the VA, Department of Defense and civilian health care.
- Network with colleagues across disciplines and meet new cross-referral partners in your geographic area.
- Learn what others are doing to get integrative care covered.
- Learn how to help patients unlearn pain.
- Receive or observe a demo of acupuncture, massage, yoga, and/or biofeedback.
- Choose from over 20 sessions to create a day that meets your needs...including sessions on helping patients' unlearn pain, nutritional pain management, non-opioid pharmaceuticals for pain, inter-disciplinary case reviews, the role of fascia in pain and pain management, pediatric pain, headaches, and more.
In support of improving patient care, The Robert Larner College of Medicine at the University of Vermont is jointly accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), to provide continuing education for the healthcare team.
The University of Vermont designates this live activity for a maximum of 6.75 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This program has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 6.75 Nursing Contact Hours.
This program has been reviewed and is approved for pharmacists for up to 6.75 hours: JA0000335-0000-18-014-L01-P
The Vermont Chapter of the NASW has approved the Integrative Pain Management Conference for 6.75 credits. The vendor number for this training is: 02-042502-040718.
The National Certification Commission for Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) has approved up to 6.75 Continuing Education Hours through the Vermont Acupuncture Association.
UVM Continuing Medical and Interprofessional Education is an NCBTMB Approved Provider (#1626) and this conference is approved for a maximum of 6.75 hours of continuing education for Massage Therapists, based upon the number of sessions one attends.
The Commission on Dietetic Registration has approved the Integrated Pain Management Conference, Activity #139007, for 6.75 continuing professional education (CPE) credits.
This program is approved for Allied Mental Health Counselors for up to 6.75 continuing education credits.
This program is approved for Psychologists for up to 6.75 continuing education credits.
This program is approved for Drug and Alcohol Counselors for up to 6.75 continuing education credits.
This conference has been approved for up to 6.75 credits in Hospice, Palliative Care and Pain Management.
This conference has been approved for up to 1.5 credits in Prescribing Controlled Substances.
Total number of Pharmacotherapeutic Credits available: 1.25 credits.
Refunds, minus an administrative fee of $50 will be made only if notice of cancellation is received in writing by March 24, 2018.
Thank you to our supporters for their generous support!
Brain Balancing of Vermont
Champlain Valley Dispensary
Evolution Physical Therapy and Yoga
Howard Center - Safe Recovery
Recro Pharma, Inc.
Tai Chi Vermont, Inc.
University of Vermont Medical Center Rehab Therapies
Vermont Center for Integrative Herbalism
Vermont Community Acupuncture
VT Department of Health Division of Alcohol & Drug Abuse Programs