Larner College of Medicine Facts & Figures
The college received thousands of applications for 120 positions in the Class of 2021, who began their first year in August 2017.
Class of 2021
Admissions is highly selective, from a pool of 5,857 applicants, Larner College of Medicine enrolled 119 students in the class of 2021.
- Median undergraduate GPA: 3.73
- In-State Students: 33
- Out of State Students: 86
- Men: 49%
- Women: 51%
- ALANA Students (African American, Latino/a, Asian American, Native American): 33%
Class of 2017 Graduates
Class of 2017 graduates went on to residencies across the nation, including, Yale-New Haven Hospital, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harbor-UCLA Medical Center, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, University of Vermont Medical Center, Johns Hopkins Hospital, Oregon Health & Science University, University of Rochester, Tufts Medical Center, and Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- Number of living alumni of the College: 4,568
- Percentage of Alumni in New England: 46%
- Approximate percentage of Vermont physicians educated or trained at the Larner College of Medicine and/or UVM Medical Center: 38%
- Percentage of Alumni who contribute philanthropically: 31%
(Market Value as of June 2016)
- Faculty and Department Support: $100,442,976
- Financial Aid: $45,221,355
- Total Endowment Value: $145,664,331
Research funding at the Larner College of Medicine has increased 300 percent in the last decade, to more than $82 million annually.
- Basic Science: 4
- Clinical: 11
Total Area: 550,000 sq. ft.
- Given Building: 196,000 sq. ft.
- Health Science Research Facility: 110,000 sq. ft.
- Courtyard at Given: 31,000 sq. ft.
- Robert Larner, M.D. Medical Education Center: 44,000 sq. ft.
- Stafford Hall: 70,000 sq. ft.
- Colchester Research Facility: 72,000 sq. ft.
- DeGoesbriand: 20,000 sq. ft.