"Physicians are facing a crisis" NEJM Catalyst - November 8, 2017
- 12 minute video of Steven Strongwater, from Atrius Health, discussing solutions to reduce EMR time.
"Physician Burnout- The Root of the Problem and the Path to Solutions" NEJM Catalyst - June 2017
- A 52 page document of original material on physician burnout from NEJM Catalyst.
"Burn Out" UVM COM DOM Faculty Development Committee Quarterly - January 24, 2017
- This brief defines burnout, lists causes, and proposes 'treatments.'
"Controlled Interventions to Reduce Burnout in Physicians; A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis." JAMA Internal Medicine - December 5, 2016
- Article suggests that broad, consistent and organization wide improvements will yield the highest physician benefit.
"Are ERMS to Blame for Physician Burn Out" - NEJM Catalyst - October 26, 2016
- This is an interview with Thomas H.Lee, MD, MSc & Steven Strongwater, MD and how Atrius Health is working to decrease burn out.
"EHR Burnout and the DOM Epic Sprints" - DOM Medical Grand Rounds - December 14, 2018
- Slide presentation from Ben Suratt, DOM VC for Academic Affairs, discussing EHR use and its relationship to provider burn-out as well as a pilot project in the DOM to address this.