To enroll in the Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont, all students must:
- Agree to abide by the provisions of the Medical Student Handbook, including Tenets of Professionalism and the Student Honor Code.
- Be a United States citizen, permanent resident, or have Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) immigration status.
- Provide evidence of graduation from all degree-bearing programs that were ongoing at the time of acceptance.
- Affirm that they can meet the technical standards of the Larner College of Medicine, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Submit to a criminal background check.
- Provide documentation of immunization for communicable diseases and comply with all Larner College of Medicine requirements for working in a health care environment.
- Have health insurance.
- Have a valid United States driver's license.
Applicants officially become students of the Larner College of Medicine on the first day of classes
Applicability of the Policy
Admitted Applicants/Foundations Level Students
Related Larner College of Medicine Policies
Related University of Vermont Policies
Related Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) Standard(s)
- 10.5 Technical Standards
- 12.6 Student Health and Disability Insurance
- 12.7 Immunization Requirements and Monitoring
- 2/18/2014 Policy Adopted/Affirmed [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 8/16/2016 Policy Revised [Medical Curriculum Committee]
- 3/17/2020 Reformatted [Medical Curriculum Committee]
Associate Dean for Admissions pre-matriculation; Associate/Assistant Dean for Students post-matriculation
Previous | Next