Each year, the Larner College of Medicine has the opportunity to nominate up to two candidates for the Hedwig van Amerigen
Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine Program for Women (ELAM),the nation's only in-depth program focused on preparing senior women faculty at schools of medicine, dentistry and public health
for institutional leadership positions where they can effect positive change and lead and manage in today's complex health care environment.
The program offers an intensive one-year program of leadership training with coaching, networking and mentoring opportunities aimed at expanding the national pool of qualified women candidates for leadership positions.
The program is now accepting nominations for the 2022-23 cohort.
A competitive nominee will:
- hold the rank of Associate Professor or higher for at least 2 years
- have administrative experience in personnel and budget management
- show evidence of leadership experience that includes strategic risk-taking
- display a track record of formal and informal professional development, including mentoring and program participation outside her specialty field
- provide a clear rationale for seeking leadership roles
- demonstrate the potential for assuming an executive leadership position at an academic health center within the next five years.
If selected, recipients will participate in a one-year curriculum focused on strategic finance, organizational dynamics and personal leadership effectiveness. The candidate and/or her institution are responsible for the program fee of at least
$16,000, plus travel and lodging for the program sessions. More information on ELAM can be found at www.drexelmed.edu/elam.
Questions? Contact Anne Dougherty.
Interested women faculty should discuss the nomination with their chair and submit a one-page statement of interest and their CV to Tammy Candido, ODEI Coordinator.
Deadline for nominations is: Nov 15, 2021
- The nominating committee will review applications and contact faculty candidates by Dec 1, 2021
- The nominee will then begin the ELAM online application process which is due Jan 7, 2022.
- Chairs and other institutional leaders, if you know of a strong candidate for ELAM, please encourage her to apply.
ELAM Nominating Committee
- Anne Dougherty MD, Director for Gender Equity
- Elizabeth Bonney MD, MPH
- Beth Kirkpatrick, MD
- Debra Leonard MD, PhD