The Vision of the University of Vermont (UVM) is to be among the nation’s premier research universities with a comprehensive commitment to a liberal arts education, environment, health, and public service.
In support of this vision, the mission of the UVM Larner College of Medicine is to educate a diverse group of dedicated physicians and biomedical scientists to serve across all the disciplines of medicine; to bring hope to patients by advancing
medical knowledge through research; to integrate education and research to advance the quality and accessibility of patient care; and to engage with our communities to benefit Vermont and the world.
- Professionalism at the heart of patient care, research, and education
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as essential components of all we do
- Commitment to the wellness of students, staff, and faculty
- Innovation of clinical care, research, and education
- Advocacy to promote public health and improve social conditions, including rural health disparities
- Building on our land-grant heritage to improve the health of Vermont and our region
- Excellence in all we do
- Stewardship of resources
- Service to our patients, our university, and our community
Professionalism at the Larner College of Medicine
Our Larner College of Medicine community upholds the highest standards of professionalism as we follow our passion for lifelong learning and improvement. We demonstrate professionalism through integrity, accountability, compassion, altruism, and social
responsibility. We honor the trust our society has placed in us as stewards of the art and science of medicine, relying on cultural humility, kindness, and respect to guide our daily interactions. We expect all members of our community to embrace
these principles of professionalism as we strive to conduct and support patient care, research, and education that are second to none.
Vision 2025 unifies plans within the College and aligns with the University of Vermont’s strategic vision for Amplifying Our Impact and the
implementation of that vision through achievement of the Academic Success Goals.