When UVM Larner College of Medicine students identify a role model and reflect on what prompted them to make this choice, they go into their own practice ready to build a positive professional identity. When faculty and staff who are identified
as role models receive medical students' reflections, they are re-energized and become even more engaged in the work of teaching. Ongoing research seeks to quantify this impact. Read comments from faculty and staff who have been sent professionalism
accolades from medical students.
- "I was very surprised and truly honored. Thank you."
- "Thank you for sending this recognition. I aspire to be a good role model and to read such feedback is both heartwarming and inspirational."
- "Thank you so much for passing this on to me! I appreciate hearing that my actions are having a positive impact on the students coming through this program!"
- "I would like to thank you for your words of appreciation. I am really touched beyond words."
- "This is wonderful news to wake up to. I always enjoy working with the students as I was one myself not too long ago and I understand their hardships. It’s a pleasure having the UVM medical students with us. Thank you for letting me know about
their positive experience. I hope to continue to make a positive and lasting impact on every student that rotates with me."
- "These all made my morning & brought tears to my eyes!!!! Thank you"
- I’m honored! Thanks, so much for acknowledging this. It means a lot to me!
- "Thank you. I appreciate the feedback. It's always a pleasure working with the students of UVM and I have been impressed with their professionalism, their scholarship, and their caring approach to our patients as people first, and medical cases second.
- Wow, this is one of the kindest things I’ve heard from a med student. It’s a nice reminder why teaching is so rewarding, thanks for sharing!"
- "Thank you so much! It feels really nice to be noticed!"
- "Thank you for forwarding this feedback. It’s thrilling to know I could have a positive impact on a health professional’s development. Many thanks."
- "Thank you for sharing, truly humbling comments!"
- "Thank you so much for sending me this! It’s been a tough week, and this was a really nice pick me up."