Larner College of Medicine Match Day
Class of 2019
Time & Place
11:40 am - 12:00 pm | Student procession & remarks by leadership
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm | Match envelopes are opened
Hoehl Gallery, Health Science Research Facility 100
What is Match Day?
For medical students nationwide, Match Day is the culmination of four years of hard work, and many consider it the most exciting day of the medical school experience.
Students receive notice of their residency matches beginning at 12:00
Noon (EDT) on the third Friday of March each year, and at UVM that event
is shared by the entire Larner College of Medicine community.
One-by-one students are called by name to receive an envelope in which
their Match letter awaits. Many students choose to take the stage to
announce their Match news to classmates, faculty, and staff while others
opt to open theirs in private.
Learn more about Match Day from the National Resident Matching Program here or watch the highlights from the UVM Larner Class of 2019 Match Day.
Schedule of Events
11:40 am - 12:00 pm
- UVM Larner College of Medicine students process from the Medical Education Pavilion to Hoehl Gallery, led by bagpiper, medical alumnus and radiation oncologist H. James Wallace, M.D.'88.
- Remarks by leadership at the UVM Larner College of Medicine and the University of Vermont
- Remarks by Student Council President
- Arrival of Match Day envelopes in the Hoehl Gallery
12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- UVM Larner College of Medicine students are called to receive their Match envelopes and are invited to either open their envelope in private or open their envelope on stage and announce their match to the community!
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Students, family, friends, faculty, and staff are invited to the Given Courtyard for celebratory snacks.
The Match Day celebration at the UVM Larner College of Medicine is open to faculty, staff, and students of the College; family and friends of the matching class; and invited additional guests.
Parking for Guests
Guests who are not faculty, staff, or students of the Larner College of Medicine, UVM, or the UVM Medical Center should park in marked visitor parking areas seen on the map here. More information about visitor parking can be found here.
Livestream & Video
The Match Day celebration is livestreamed and videotaped each year.
A link to the livestream will be posted to the med.uvm.edu homepage one week prior to the event and a full-length video of the event will be posted to the College's YouTube channel one week after the event.