MEDICAL STUDENT FINANCIAL SERVICES
Student Advisory Council to Med SFS
A Student Advisory Council to Medical Student Financial Services was created in the fall of 2020 to ensure students have a direct liaison to Med SFS, and to allow for a general feedback mechanism regarding student perspectives surrounding financial topics.
Did you know? Medical Student Financial Services manages:
- Student accounts (tuition billing, disbursement of refunds)
- Financial aid administration
- Education loan counseling
- Optional financial wellness activities pertinent to medical students
. . . That's a lot of important services we care deeply about!
As a result, our Student Advisory Council is imperative when it comes to:
- Noticing financial trends with their peers
- Making recommendations for program changes where possible or necessary
- Assisting with communications to the student body regarding Med SFS items
- Continuous quality improvement with financial aid administrative services and personal financial health programming
Committee-wide meetings occur at least quarterly, and all are welcome to attend, even if you are not formally on the council. Smaller breakout groups meet on an as-needed basis to address special topics that may suddenly need attention.
Looking for our MEETING MINUTES, the current ROSTER of participants, upcoming AGENDA TOPICS, and more about the COMMITTEE'S MISSION?
- Log into the Learning Commons (Med credentials required).
- Under "Medical Student Leadership" on the left menu, click "Student Advisory Council to Med Student Financial Services".
- Click "Documents" on the left-hand side.
- Begin perusing!