Residency & Fellowships
Our residents participate in a four-year residency program. We currently offer four fellowship programs, each program admits one fellow annually.
Our anatomic and clinical pathology training programs are integrated, emphasizing the unified nature of the information developed and interpreted by pathologists. Much of this effort is focused on the care of individual patients.
Abundant opportunities are available for residents to participate in the department's research programs, which address problems of contemporary interest and importance.
Additionally, residents are actively engaged in the department's teaching programs. Indeed, a tradition of excellence in teaching at all levels is a cornerstone of the department's activities.
Visit the Graduate Medical Education programs,
listed to the right, at The Robert Larner, M.D. College of Medicine at The University of Vermont / The University of Vermont Medical Center to learn more about the programs and how to apply.
P&LM residents continue to obtain outstanding fellowships
We recognize and appreciate the role of our department’s faculty and staff in the education of our trainees and the privilege of being a part of each resident’s educational journey. Congratulations to all! Residents entering Fellowships next year.
Karamatullah Danyal, M.D., PhD.,- Dermatopathology, University of Vermont Medical Center.
Linda Logan, D.O.,- Surgical Pathology, University of Vermont Medical Center.
Michael Madrid, D.O., M.S.,- Surgical Pathology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA.
Rosemary Mattaino, D.O., M.S.,- Cytopathology, University of Vermont Medical Center.
- Matthew Dinehart, M.D., Dermatopathology, University of Vermont Medical Center
- Liam Donnelly, M.D., Hematopathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Molecular Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering
- Frederick Eyerer, M.D., Surgical Pathology, Stanford University
- Nicole Mendelson, M.D., Gastrointestinal/Liver Pathology, Weill Cornell, Surgical Pathology, Mayo Clinic
- Jonathan Wilcock, M.D., Microbiology, Mayo Clinic
- Jeffrey Covington, M.D., Ph.D., Gastrointestinal, Massachusetts General Hospital
- Noman Javed, M.D., Dermatopathology, University of Vermont Medical Center, Surgical Pathology, University of Vermont Medical Center
- Casey Rankins, D.O., Hematopathology, University of Vermont Medical Center
- Adina Bodolan, M.D., Surgical Pathology, University of Vermont Medical Center
- Clayton LaValley, M.D., Hematopathology, University of Vermont Medical Center, Clinical Informatics, UC Davis Sacramento
- Justin Rueckert, D.O., Forensci Pathology, Travis County Medical Examiner
- Angela Theiss, M.D., University of Vermont Medical Center