- Preparation and submission of a TEACHING PORTFOLIO and supporting materials. See the sidebar to the right for Overview and Checklist to get started.
- The fall application cycle deadline is October 1, and the spring application cycle deadline is April 1. Protégé applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Consultations for portfolio preparation are available. Please contact the Teaching Academy with questions or consultation requests.
- Rigorous, criteria-based peer review by
- Internal Executive Committee and
- External Review Team (consisting of members of established Teaching Academies at other institutions)
- Submit your Teaching Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by the spring or fall deadlines
- Protégé application submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Note: if you do not receive a confirmation email, please follow up.
- Electronic template is available (see Resources in the sidebar)
- Mentors are available to assist with portfolio development
- Portfolio workshops will be held the first Wednesday of the month at 12pm via Zoom to assist in completing the Teaching Portfolio. For more information, contact email@example.com
- Portfolio will be linked to Reappointment, Promotion, and Tenure process
- Application submissions are accepted and reviewed twice a year. Spring deadline, April 1st. Fall deadline, October 1st.
- Protégé application submissions are reviewed on a rolling basis. Those accepted will be welcomed into the Academy outside of the regular Spring and Fall review process.
Member Renewals are requested every five years. You may choose to renew at your current membership level or take this opportunity to apply at a higher level. Renewals are accepted and reviewed twice a year. Spring deadline, April 1st. Fall deadline,
Renewal Packet RequirementsYou will be sent a link to complete a Member Renewal Form which includes a brief statement describing your contributions to the Teaching Academy and ideas for future participation and service as well as 3-5 highlights related to the Educational Scholarship Domain(s) you work in. You will be asked to provide details about any activities that contributed to inclusive excellence related to your work as an educator, including professional development courses; relevant literature read; changes made to your teaching, assessment, mentoring, etc. *If you find that your educational scholarship domains have changed, please make note in your statement.
After submitting your form, you will be asked to email the Teaching Academy an up-to-date CV.
To renew at the same level:
To renew at a higher level of membership, please provide:
Updated portfolio application, including cover letter and updated CV in standardized LCOM format. *You have the option to build on your existing portfolio file or download the updated file. If you find that your educational scholarship domains
have changed, please be sure to make note of it in your statement of intent.